South Australian Broccolini® in Southern Bluefin Tuna Carpaccio
- 2 Broccolini®, bunches
- 40 ml Barossa extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp wasabi powder
- 4 slices Southern Bluefin Tuna, cut 3mm thick x 7cm x 7cm
- 100 grams Maggie Beer quince paste, cut into small cubes
- 30 ml Maggie Beer verjuice
- 30 ml Barossa shiraz
- 1/4 tsp Salt, to season
- Blanch 4 whole stalks Broccolini® in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and plunge into iced water to refresh. Drain.
- Cut florets from remaining fresh Broccolini® and use a vegetable peeler to shave the stems into strips.
- Lay strips and heads on a silicon paper-lined baking sheet, drizzle with 10ml olive oil and sprinkle with wasabi powder.
- Place tray in the sun, protected from the elements for 2 -3 days. Alternatively, bake at 60°C for up to 10 hours until Broccolini® is dry and very crisp. (You can also use a food dehydrator).
- Tightly wrap tuna around the blanched and refreshed Broccolini stalks and season with salt. Divide between plates and garnish with cubes of quince.
- Combine verjuice, shiraz and remaining 30ml olive oil in a jar and shake well. Drizzle over tuna and top with dried Broccolini® heads and stems.