Spaghetti with Oven-Dried Grape Tomato and Rocket Tapenade
- 1 Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 tsp red chilli, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200 grams spaghetti
- 1/2 cup pecorino or parmesan, grated
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper, to taste
- Halve the grape tomatoes and place half of these on a baking tray, cut side up. Cook at 100C for 2 hours. Cool.
- For tapenade, place half the oven-dried grape tomatoes, rocket, 1/4 cup cheese, basil, garlic and 50ml olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until 'al dente'. Add peas to the water for last two minutes, until cooked. Drain, keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan and add onion and chilli. Fry until onion is soft.
- Add cooked spaghetti and peas, remaining oven-dried grape tomatoes, remaining fresh grape tomatoes, olives and half the tapenade. Toss until warmed through.
- Divide between bowls, top with remaining tapenade and remaining cheese.