Eureka Blueberry, Spelt Flour, Fig & Pecan Bread
- 1 punnet Blueberries, Eureka blueberries
- 1 1/2 water
- 125g butter, chopped
- 250g dried figs, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 1 cup Spreadable cream cheese & honey
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line the base and sides of an 8cm deep, 11 x 21cm (base) loaf pan.
- Place the water and the butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted bring to a simmer. Add the figs and cinnamon. Bring to the boil. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Pour into a large bowl, and cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the sugar, buttermilk and eggs.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together over the fig mixture. Stir gently to combine. Fold in the pecans and blueberries. Spoon into a prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 1 - 1 ¼ hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to stand in the pan for 10 minutes then lift onto a wire rack. Slice and serve warm or toasted with cream cheese, blueberries and honey.