Spelt Flour Blueberry, Fig & Pecan Bread
- 1 Blueberries, punnet Eureka blueberries
- 1 1/2 water
- 125 grams butter, chopped
- 250 grams dried figs, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 1 cup Spreadable cream cheese & honey
- Preheat oven 160°C fan forced. Grease and line base and sides of 8cm deep, 11x21cm (base) loaf pan.
- Put water and butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Once butter has melted bring to simmer. Add the figs and cinnamon. Bring to the boil. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Pour into a large bowl, cool 10 minutes. Stir in the sugar, buttermilk and eggs.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together over the fig mixture. Stir gently to combine. Fold in the pecans and blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 1-11/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 10 minutes then lift onto a wire rack. Slice, serve warm or toasted with cream cheese, blueberries and honey.