Steamed Broccolini® and White Scallop Sausage with Broccolini® Salsa and Crumbed Broccolini® Stems
|35 plus 20 minutes' chilling time MINS
- 2 Broccolini®, florets only
- 1 Broccolini®, blanched and drained
- 150 grams scallops
- 150 grams boneless white fish such as snapper or coral trout, diced
- 2 egg whites
- 50 ml pure cream
- 100 ml honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, roasted
- 50 ml water
- 1/4 tsp Salt and pepper,, to taste
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 100 grams olives, pits removed
- Place scallops, fish, egg whites and a pinch each of salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add Broccolini® florets and pulse to incorporate.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in cream.
- Place a 20cm x 32cm piece of plastic wrap on a bench with the longest edge at the front. Spoon a quarter of the mix along the front edge, about 15cm long. Roll wrap over and tie ends tightly to form a sausage shape. Repeat with remaining mixture and chill sausages for 20 minutes.
- For salsa, place Broccolini® and olives in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add balsamic, oil, garlic and Spanish onion. Mix well.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and immerse wrapped sausages. Simmer gently for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile for crumbed stems, whisk together milk and eggs in a bowl. Dust stems with flour, dip into egg wash then coat with crumbs. Deep fry in hot oil till golden.
- In a saucepan gently heat 50ml water, honey and sesame seeds and keep warm.
- Unwrap sausages, cut in half and serve with salsa and crumbed stems drizzled with honey sauce.