Baby Cos Lettuce Heart Cups with Smoked Salmon and Spicy Sauce
- 1 Baby Red Cos Heart
- 1 Baby Cos Heart
- 1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 12 slices Australian smoked salmon
- 1 loaf rye bread, sliced
- 1 docket spike (optional, available from newsagent)
- 1/2 lemon for garnishing
- 1 cup egg mayonnaise
- 1/2 Juice of lemon
- 30 ml brandy
- 1 tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp dried red chilli
- to taste Sea salt and black pepper
- If using docket spike, pierce lettuce on to washed spike and separate leaves slightly.
- Insert salmon pieces and red onion between the leaves. Otherwise, display leaves on plate and fill.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, brandy, tabasco and chilli and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto salmon and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Serve with sliced rye bread on the side. (Place half a lemon on top of spike if using).