Baby Red Cos Lettuce Heart Cups with Beef Tartare
- 2 Baby Red Cos Heart, halved lengthwise
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 50 ml olive oil
- 200 grams sirloin fat removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, chopped
- 4 boiled eggs, peeled
- 8 quail egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 sheet gold leaf (optional)
- Drizzle four plates with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Remove a few of the centre leaves of the lettuce halves and shred. Reserve.
- Divide lettuce halves among plates.
- Place trimmed beef in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Add capers and stir through.
- Halve boiled eggs, remove and discard yolks. Place egg whites into a fine sieve and force through using the back of a spoon.
- Spoon beef and egg white into lettuce cups. Top beef with quail yolk.
- Garnish with baby red capsicum, shredded leaves and gold leaf.