Sweet Solanato™ tomato, pumpkin & freekeh salad
- 400g Sweet Solanato™ Tomatoes
- 250g Qukes® Baby Cucumbers, chopped
- 1.25 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut 2cm pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/4 cups freekeh
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard,
- 1 tsp honey,
- 1-2 small garlic clove, crushed
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper. Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the dressing. Stir gently to coat. Cover and set aside.
- Put freekeh into a sieve and rinse well under cold water. Transfer to a saucepan. Add 2 ½ cups water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 35-40 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Spread pumpkin in a single layer over the base of a lined roasting pan. Drizzle with oil, season. Roast for 30 minutes until tender and golden around the edges. Remove and cool. Reduce oven to 180°C. Scatter the pumpkin seeds over a baking tray. Roast for 8 minutes until lightly coloured. Set aside to cool.
- Add the pumpkin, Qukes®, parsley, pumpkin seeds, Sweet Solanato™ tomatoes and dressing to the freekeh. Season, toss gently to combine. Serve.