Sydney Rock Oysters on a Bed of Broccolini®
- 3 Broccolini®, blanched and refreshed
- 1/2 cup Broccolini®, sliced and blanched
- 4 dozen Sydney rock oysters
- 100 grams smoked lamb, cut into thin strips
- 100 grams plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1 cup sesame and seaweed salad, (available from Asian supermarkets)
- 1 lime, Juice and zest
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 100 ml cold soda water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 tbsp sweet soy
- 1 tbsp light soy
- 1 tsp ginger purée, (available in tubes from supermarkets)
- 50 ml tomato sauce
- 50 ml pineapple juice
- 20 ml wine vinegar
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1 tsp red chilli, crushed
- Combine all sauce ingredients, bring to the boil, reduce by half and cool.
- Set 1 bunch of Broccolini® aside for plating. Slice the stems of 2 bunches of Broccolini® very finely and divide into 3 portions. Roughly chop (about 1cm long pieces) the florets of these 2 bunches and also divide into 3 portions.
- Combine 1 portion of finely sliced Broccolini® stems to 1 portion florets and smoked lamb. Place oysters on a baking sheet and spoon over mixture. Set aside in a cool place.
- Mix sesame seaweed salad with 1 portion finely sliced Broccolini® stems and 1 portion of chopped florets.
- Remove 1 dozen oysters from their shells, fill with salad mix and replace oyster.
- Combine lime juice, zest and peanut oil and drizzle over oysters. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Set aside in a cool place.
- Remove remaining dozen oysters from their shells. Divide remaining chopped florets and sliced Broccolini® stems between the shells. Combine soy sauces and ginger and spoon over Broccolini®.
- Place 100g flour in a bowl and add egg white and soda water. Mix well.
- Dust oysters in extra flour then dip in batter. Fry in hot oil, at 180°C, until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Combine salt and smoked paprika and sprinkle over oysters. Place on top of Broccolini®.
- Meanwhile place tray of hot and sour oysters under a hot grill for 2 minutes till warmed.
- Plate oysters a dozen per serve, 4 of each type per serve, garnished with whole Broccolini® stalks.