- 2 bunches Broccolini®
- 2/3 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs mango chutney
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs plain flour, extra
- for deep-frying Vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 tbs mild curry powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
- 1 3/4 cup chilled soda water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced. Combine yoghurt, chutney and coriander. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the batter, sift flours, curry powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the salt. Pour in the soda water then egg. Stir gently to combine (do not overmix, the batter should be lumpy).
- Pour enough oil into a large saucepan or wok over so one-third full. Heat over medium-high heat. Combine Broccolini® and extra flour in a bag. Shake to coat. Dip the Broccolini®, one at a time into the batter. Allow excess to drip off. Cook, in batches, for 1-2 minutes, or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon to a wire rack over an oven tray. Keep warm in oven while cooking the remaining Broccolini®.
- Serve tempura Broccolini® with mango & coriander yoghurt.