Grape Tomato, Braised Fennel and Cannellini Bean Salad
- 400 grams Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup robust extra virgin olive oil
- 4 baby fennel, tough outer leaves removed, cored, finely sliced lengthways (include fronds)
- 400 grams can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, balsamic and 1 tbs of oil in a large bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside for at least 20 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat and add fennel.
- Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes until just starting to colour. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for a further 3 minutes until very soft.
- Add warm fennel and beans to tomatoes in bowl and stir until well combined. Toss through parsley leaves.
- Serve warm.