Tomato Medley, Pistachio, Rice & Quinoa Salad
- 800g Tomato Medley
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup rice & quinoa mix
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp of each ground cinnamon, cumin, smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat barbecue plate on high. Put tomatoes onto large tray. Pour over the oil and season well. Spoon onto hot barbecue plate, cook, stirring gently 2-3 minutes until lightly charred, but tomatoes should still hold their shape. Transfer to a tray.
- Meanwhile cook the rice and quinoa following the absorption method on the packet. Combine extra virgin olive oil, lemon rind, juice, harissa, honey and spices in a large bowl, season then whisk until well combined. Add the warm rice and quinoa and raisins, stir to combine. Cool.
- Just before serving stir the pistachio, olives, parsley and rice mixture into the tomatoes. Season and serve.