Warm Asian Salad of Tuscan Kale (Cavolo Nero) with Prawns and Glass Noodles
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale (cavolo nero), trimmed
- 2 tsp garlic, finely sliced
- 12 green prawns
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 30 glass noodles
- Immerse whole kale leaves in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain.
- Add sesame seeds and chilli flakes and mix well.
- Heat 20ml oil in a wok till smoking. Add prawns and fry till white but not cooked through, approximately, 2 minutes. Add garlic, cabbage mix and butter and fry till prawns are cooked approximately, 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir. Divide between plates.
- Add remaining oil to wok and heat till hot. Add glass noodles and fry till crisp and puffy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Top salad with noodles and serve.