West Australian Marron with Broccolini® Cheese Sauce
- 2 Broccolini®, stems finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Baby Endive Lettuce, washed
- 1/2 cup baby endive
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 live West Australian marron, (about 250g each)
- 90 grams parmesan, grated
- 30 grams gruyere cheese, grated
- 100 grams firm goat's curd, diced
- 250 ml pure cream
- 100 ml milk
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 30 grams plain flour
- 30 grams butter
- 1/2 cup Olive oil for drizzling
- Bring milk and cream to the boil.
- In another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add flour. Cook, stirring, until golden. Slowly add hot milk and cream, whisking regularly, until thick.
- Add 60g parmesan, gruyere and Broccolini® heads and stems. Stand to cool.
- Place marron in iced water for 20 minutes to put to sleep. Meanwhile bring 2 litres salted water to the boil. Add marron, bring back to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes. Drain. Cool slightly then cut in half lengthways.
- For salad, combine goat's curd, tomatoes, croutons, endive, and 6 stems of Broccolini®. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place marron in a baking dish and spoon over Broccolini® and cheese sauce mix. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes until golden.
- Serve with salad.