Winter Vegetable and Bean Stew
- 175 grams Minicaps® baby capsicums, seeded and thickly sliced lengthways
- 185 grams 3 Lebanese eggplant, thickly sliced
- 175 grams packet Tuscan kale (cavolo nero), roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 400 grams can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 400 grams can borlotti or cannellini beans
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the eggplant and fry for about 5 minutes, until softened. Set aside on paper towel.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining tbsp oil, then add the onion, fennel and Vine Sweet Minicaps® baby capsicums.
- Fry over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Return the eggplant to the pan with the tomatoes, beans and 125ml (1/2 cup) water.
- Cook, covered for about 15 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir in the Tuscan kale (cavolo nero) and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Scatter the basil leaves over the top and serve with cheese if liked.