Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Minced Meat and Rice
- 1 Shallots, finely chopped
- 200 grams rice
- 16 zucchini flowers, washed gently
- 220 grams meat, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan-forced oven).
- Cook the rice in salted water. Drain and leave to cool.
- Carefully open the calyxes of the flowers and snip off the stigma and the stamen. Place the minced meat in a bowl.
- Fry the shallot and garlic in 1 tbsp oil and then add to the minced meat along with the rice, zucchini and parsley and mix well. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Spoon the filling into the flowers and twist them gently closed.
- Place the filled flowers next to each other in an oiled baking dish and drizzle with more oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.