POM Wonderful Banana Freeze
These POM Wonderful pomegranate and banana ice treats are easy to make and refreshing!
Prep Time: 30 minutes.
Freezing Time: 4 hours.
- Juice from 2-3 large POM Wonderful pomegranates*
- 1⁄2 cup arils from 1 large POM Wonderful pomegranate
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup simple syrup**
- 4 plastic freezer cups
- 4 plastic spoons
- Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top.
- Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
- Prepare simple syrup.**
- Put all ingredients except the arils in a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in arils.
- Divide mixture evenly among the cups and freeze slightly. Insert a plastic spoon into the centre of each cup to be used as a stick. Freeze until solid.
*For 1 cup of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
**For simple syrup, boil 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar and 1⁄2 cup water together until sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature before use.
Explore more delicious Perfection Fresh recipes:
Featured in this recipe
Pomegranate - POM Wonderful