BABY BRUSSLES SPROUTS, PANCETTA & HALOUMI FRITTERS
- 250g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 300g Bambino® Baby Brussels Sprouts
- 4 Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 200g Pancetta or rindless streaky bacon, chopped
- 2 (300g total) Carrots, grated
- 125g Haloumi, grated
- 4 Green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup Self-raising flour
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs Light olive oil, for cooking
- Chilli mayonaise or lemon wedges, to serve, optional
- 50g Baby rocket
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced. Place pancetta or bacon in a frying pan over medium heat, cook, stirring for 3 minutes until light golden. Remove to a large bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Add to the pancetta with carrot, haloumi and green onions and mix well. Add the flour and mix well. Pour in the eggs, season and mix until well combined.
- Cover the base of a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium heat. Using 1/3 cup of the Brussel Sprout mixture per fritter, carefully spoon into the pan. Cook in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove to a tray. Cook remaining fritters. Transfer the tray to the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the salad ingredients. Serve the fritters, with salad and mayonnaise or lemon wedges.