BAMBINO® BABY CABBAGE BUNLESS BUTTERMILK CHICKEN BURGERS
|30 minutes plus 1 hour marinatingMINS|
- 2 Kumato® Tomatoes
- 2 Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 4 Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 1 carrot, grated
- 40g (4 large) snow peas, shredded
- 2 tbs coleslaw dressing
- Sweet chilli sauce or chilli jam & sweet potato crisps, to serve
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 600g chicken thigh or breast fillets, trimmed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbs Cajun spice
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Cut the chicken crossways into 2cm thick strips, place into a ceramic or glass bowl. Pour over the buttermilk and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour if time permits.
- Remove 8 of the outer leaves from the cabbage and place on a board. Finely shred the remaining cabbage and place into a bowl. Add Qukes®, Minicaps®, carrot, snow peas and dressing. Toss to coat.
- Pour enough oil into a frying pan so it’s about 2cm deep (alternatively you can deep fry in a wok or saucepan). Heat over medium heat until the oil reaches 180°C or when a cube of bread turns golden in 15 seconds.
- Drain the chicken well, discard the buttermilk. Place chicken on a plate and sprinkle with Cajun spice. Sift over the flour and turn each piece so well coated in flour. Drop the chicken into the oil, in batches, cook for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove to a wire rack to drain.
- To assemble, Pile slaw onto 4 cabbage leaves. Top with chicken and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce or jam. Top with a second cabbage leaf. Serve with remaining slaw and sweet potato crisps.
Tip: Keep chicken warm in a 160°C oven on the wire rack while cooking second batch of chicken.
Tip: Try roasting unused Bambino® baby cabbage, roughly chop into large pieces. Place into a greased roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast 15 minutes until golden and wilted. Pile onto burgers, or baguette filled with cooked chorizo.