CALYPSO® MANGO & PISTACHIO PRALINE ICE CREAM PUDDING
|10 + freezing time MINS
- 3 Calypso® Mangoes, peeled, 2 roughly chopped and 1 thinly sliced for garnish
- 2 x 375ml tins sweetened condensed milk
- 500g coconut milk powder
- 600ml thickened cream
- 80g pistachio nuts shelled and roughly chopped
- 165g caster suagr
- 60ml water
- fresh mint, to garnish
- fresh raspberries, to garnish
- Lightly toast nuts in a hot oven.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over low heat to dissolve sugar.
- Increase heat and boil, without stirring, until mixture is a caramel colour.
- Remove from heat and, when bubbles subside, carefully stir in nuts.
- Pour onto a greased baking tray, cool, break into pieces and grind half the praline in a food processor.
- Break the remaining praline into large shards and reserve for garnish.
- Line a 2 litre pudding bowl with two layers of cling film leaving enough over hang on the top to fold back over to cover the ice cream.
- In a large bowl combine the condensed milk and coconut milk powder.
- Then stir in the cream and chopped mango and pour into the lined pudding bowl. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Before serving, place the serving dish in the freezer for ½ hour.
- Undo the cling film from the top of the pudding bowl and dip the bowl into the kitchen sink filled with hot water for 20 seconds before inverting on to the chilled dish.
- Sprinkle the ice cream pudding with the ground praline and then decorate with the mango slices, raspberries, praline shards and mint.