CALYPSO® MANGO & TONKATSU CHICKEN WONTON CUPS
- 2 Calypso® Mangoes
- 2 wonton wrappers
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 tbs pickled ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup Japanese mayonnaise (kewpie)
- 2 tbs tonkatsu sauce
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- Extra tonkatsu sauce, toasted sesame seeds & micro herbs, to serve
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 2 x 300g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Lightly spray both sides of 1 wonton wrapper with oil. Gently press into a 12 hole (1/3 cup capacity) muffin tray. Repeat with 11 more wonton wrappers. Bake the tray for 8-10 minutes or until wrappers are golden. Stand in tray for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool. Repeat to make 20 more.
- Peel and dice the mangoes and place into a bowl. Add the ginger and cover. Combine the mayonnaise, tonkatsu sauce and shallots. Refrigerate both until ready to serve.
- Cut each chicken fillet in half to form thinner fillets. Dip the chicken in flour, egg then breadcrumbs. Pan fry the chicken in oil until golden and cooked through. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Chop chicken.
- Just before serving, spoon 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise mixture into the base of each wonton cup. Top with chicken and spoon over the mango mixture. Top with sesame seeds and micro herbs. Drizzle with a little extra tonkatsu sauce.
Tip- For a shortcut, buy ready crumbed chicken fillets or replace the crumbed chicken with 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken, duck or prawns.