FIORETTO® CARROT AND HALOUMI SLICE
- 2 x 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom
- 400g (3 large) carrots, grated
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 180g haloumi, grated
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- sweet chilli sauce, yoghurt & sweet potato or beetroot crisps, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Grease and line a 3cm deep, 18cmx28cm (base) slice pan.
- Set 100g of Fioretto® aside and finely chop the rest. Place into a bowl, add carrot, shallots, and haloumi.
- Whisk eggs and oil together in a large bowl. Sift over the flour and whisk until smooth. Add the vegetables. Season with pepper and stir to combine. Spoon into the pan and smooth the top. Press the reserved Fioretto® onto the top of the slice. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes in the pan before cutting into pieces. Serve with sweet chilli, yoghurt and crisps.