KUMATO® PUTTANESCA SALAD
- 500g Kumato® Tomatoes
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil
- 3 tbs (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbs (40ml) red wine vinegar
- 40g mixed salad leaves
- 3 green onions
- 2 tbs (20g) salted capers
- 60g (1/3 cup) pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 25g Parmesan
- Finely chop the anchovies then use a fork to mash them to a paste. Add to a small non-stick frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes over medium heat until dissolved. Add the garlic and chilli, cook for 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and cool for 10 minutes. Stir in remaining oil, vinegar and season with pepper.
- Scatter the leaves over a serving platter. Slice the Kumato® tomatoes and arrange on the platter. Top with the onions, capers, olives, parsley and parmesan. Spoon over the dressing & season with pepper. Serve.
Serving suggestions; Delicious with barbecue steak or gourmet sausages