Kung Pao Fioretto®
|6 as a side
- 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs ginger, grated
- 4-6 dried red chillies
- ¼ cup raw peanuts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
Kung Pao Sauce
- 1 tbs tamari or light soy sauce
- 1 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 tbs Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbs raw sugar
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs cornflour blended in 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- Thinly sliced orange wedges, micro herbs and extra spring onion slices
- To make the Kung Pao sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add Fioretto® to the kung pao sauce and mix well, ensuring that the sauce coats the Fioretto®.
- Heat a wok on high. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the hot wok. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the Fioretto® from the sauce to the wok. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes until it starts charring at the edges and appears glazed. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the hot wok. Add garlic, ginger, red chillies, peanuts and spring onions. Stir-fry for a few seconds. Add the remaining kung pao sauce and reduce heat to medium. Toss and cook for a few seconds until sauce thickens.
- Return the Fioretto® to the wok. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, tossing to ensure the kung pao sauce coats the Fioretto®.
- Transfer onto a serving platter. Garnish with orange slices and spring onion. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Cook Republic