Marinated Tomato Medley, Olive & Herb Salad
|6 as a side
2hrs for marinating
- 800g Tomato Medley, Larger tomatoes halved
- 300g baguette, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 250g Sicilian olives
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- For the vinaigrette; combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Juice half the lemon and add to the dressing, season. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the tomatoes to the dressing, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours if time permits, gently stirring every 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Spray both sides of bread slices with oil and arrange in a single over two large trays. Bake 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool. Transfer to a large platter or board. Combine the parsley and basil and scatter over the cooled bread.
- Pit the olives and add to the tomatoes. Stir to combine then spoon over the herbs and bread. Serve immediately.