Marinated MIX-A-MATO® tomato, Olive & Herb Salad
|6 as a side|
|1 5mins |
2 hrs marinating
- 800g Mix-a-mato® tomatoes
- 300g baguette, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 250g Sicilian olives
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- For the vinaigrette; combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Juice half the lemon and add to the dressing, season. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the tomatoes to the dressing, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours if time permits, gently stirring every 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Spray both sides of bread slices with oil and arrange in a single over two large trays. Bake 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool. Transfer to a large platter or board. Combine the parsley and basil and scatter over the cooled bread.
- Pit the olives and add to the tomatoes. Stir to combine then spoon over the herbs and bread. Serve immediately.
Tip- Un-pitted olives have much better flavour. To pit, place olives one at a time onto a board, set the flat side of a cooks knife on top, and press down on the knife with the palm of your hand. The force splits open the olive and frees the pit. Wipe the knife blade often as it gets oily and slippery.