Pulled Pork & Baby Wombok Slaw Sliders
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1.kkg pork neck, trimmed (also called scotch fillet0
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 x 36cm long baguettes
Cos & Wombok Slaw
- 1/2 small Baby Wombok
- 1 Baby Cos Heart
- 6 Minicaps® baby capsicums, halved
- 2 flat peaches, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch coloured dutch carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
- 1 cup whole egg aioli
- 1 tbs chipotle sauce
- Preheat oven to 130°C, fan-forced. Combine the paprika, mustard, cumin and sugar in a small bowl then rub all over pork. Season with salt & pepper. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add oil and pork, cook for 5 minutes, turning until all sides are browned. Remove to a greased roasting pan. Pour chicken stock around the pork. Cover tightly with baking paper and 2 layers of foil. Cook for 4 hours or until pork is very tender. Allow to stand, covered for 20 minutes. Use two forks to shred the pork, leaving in the stock mixture.
- For the Cos & wombok slaw; shred baby cos leaves and place into a bowl. Shred 3 cups of the wombok and add to lettuce. Remove the seeds and membrane from the mini caps, slice then add to wombok withpeach and parsley. Use a potato peeler to peel long thin strips from carrots and add to the slaw. Combine the aioli and chipotle sauce and spoon over the slaw. Toss to coat.
- Slice the baguettes in half lengthways, leaving one side attached. Pile the slaw and pulled pork between the baguettes. Cut each baguette into six and serve.
Tip- You can replace the baguette with 24 small soft rolls.