QUKES® TERIYAKI BEEF BOWLS
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 200g Grape Kumato® Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup sushi rice, rinsed well
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 2 tbs teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 600g beef mince
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 small avocadoes, halved
- 600g frozen edamame, thawed, podded
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 pickled ginger, toasted sesame seeds & chilli seaweed chips, to serve
- Combine the rice and 2 cups of water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Stir the rice with a fork and stir in 1 tablespoon mirin.
- Combine remaining mirin with teriyaki, soy, sugar and sesame oil. Stir until sugar dissolves. Cut the Qukes® in half lengthways and turn cut side down onto the board. Use a wide blade knife to smash the Qukes® into rough pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up the mince for 5 minutes until browned. Add 3 tablespoons of the teriyaki mixture and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in shallots and season with pepper.
- Spoon the sushi rice over the base of 4 serving bowls. Add Qukes® Kumato®, beef, avocado and edamame. Spoon over the remaining teriyaki dressing. Top with radish, ginger and sesame seeds. Serve with seaweed chips.