Sicilian Grape Kumato® Salad
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums, halved and seeds removed
- 1 Eggplant, sliced into dials
- 250g Grape Kumato® Tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Sea-salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Sicilian green olives, pitted
- 2 tbs capers, chopped
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup small basil leaves
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- Chargrilled sourdough, to serve
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Combine the oil, garlic and salt and pepper and use to brush over both sides of the eggplant and capsicum. Barbecue the vegetables in batches, for 3 minutes either side or until tender. Transfer to a plate and cool for 10 minutes.
- Chop the eggplant and capsicum into pieces the same size as the halved Kumato® tomatoes and scatter all into the centre of a large board. Add the celery, olives, capers, sultanas, parsley and basil.
- To make the dressing combine all the ingredients in a screw top jar with salt and pepper. Shake until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, scatter over the pine nuts, toss gently and serve with a chargrilled sourdough.