Sweet Solanato® tomato tarts
- 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes, halved
- 200g soft goats cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- micro cres, to serve
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 100g butter, chilled and chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tbs iced water
- For the parmesan pastry; process the flour, parmesan and butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water and process until the dough comes together, if necessary add remaining water. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Press into a square. Roll the pastry out between 2 sheets of baking paper to 20cm x 30cm rectangle. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven and large flat baking tray to 200°C, fan forced. Remove top sheet of the baking paper. Piece pastry all over with a fork then cut pastry into 5cm squares. Lift the pastry squares, still on baking paper onto the hot tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Spread goats cheese over the base of each pastry square. Top with a Sweet Solanato™ tomato. Spoon over a little pesto and season with salt and pepper. Scatter over the micro-cres, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve.
Tip- to save time you can replace the parmesan pastry with pre-baked canapé cups from the deli section of your local supermarket.