Treviso™ Radicchio Salad with Oysters
- 1 Treviso™ Radicchio Lettuce, with the outer leaves discarded
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, trimmed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 12 oysters
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 cup shaved parmesan
- 8 white anchovies
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 100 ml egg mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 salted anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, chopped
- 1tsp parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- Boil baby beets in salted water for 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Rub the skins off under running water.
- Place prosciutto on a baking tray and bake at 160°C for 10 minutes, or until crisp. Once cooled, tear into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Meanwhile, dust oysters in flour, dip in beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Heat oil until hot and fry oysters until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Separate and wash the Treviso™ leaves and place in a serving bowl.
- Add beets, white anchovies, shaved parmesan and prosciutto.
- Top salad with the warm oysters and drizzle with dressing.