VEGETARIAN ROASTED BROCCOLINI® & FIORETTO® PIZZA
|10 mins |
35 mins proving
- 1 Broccolini®
- 200g Fioretto® Cauli Blossom
- 2 x 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs zaatar spice
- 1/4 tsp raw sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives
- 125g mozzarella, thinly sliced
- chopped parsley & finely grated parmesan, to serve
QUICK MIX PIZZA DOUGH
- 180ml warm water
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- pinch sea salt flakes , crushed
- For the pizza dough, combine the water, yeast and sugar in a jug, stir to combine. Cover with wrap and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes (you’re looking for bubbles on the top of the water, this is the sign your yeast is alive). Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and add yeast mixture and mix to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-8 minutes or until elastic. When you press the top of the dough it should bounce back and leave no indentation (you can also do this in a mixer, using a dough hook). Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with wrap and tea towel and place in warm spot for 15 minutes until it has grown (doesn’t have to double, but at least 1/3 bigger than when you started (see tip).
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Arrange Broccolini® & Fioretto® in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with zaatar. Turn to coat. Roast for 10 minutes until golden and tender. Scatter tomatoes in another roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, sprinkle with sugar, oregano and season. Roast under the vegetables for 5-8 minutes until just collapsed.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead a few times then cut dough in half. Place dough in the centre of two well-oiled 30cm round pizza trays. Press the dough out to cover tray with fingertips. Brush with remaining oil. Cover loosely with wrap and stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the tomatoes and pan juices over the pizza bases, squashing with a fork and spreading to the edges. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the edges are light golden. Remove from the oven and top each pizza with roasted Broccolini® & Fioretto®, olives and mozzarella. Cook for a further 7-10 minutes until dough is golden. Finish with parsley and parmesan.
Tips: This pizza dough does not need to double in size, but it is important to make sure you knead it enough (5-8 minutes) to develop the gluten.
Cook pizzas towards the top of the oven. If you’re cooking 2 at a time switch them around a few times.