Chicken Schnitzel with Grape Tomato Slaw
- 200 grams Grape Tomatoes
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 cup plain flour, seasoned
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 grams butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup small tarragon leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp dijonaise mustard
- Slice each chicken breast fillet through the centre to form 2 equal sized halves. This will produce 8 pieces in total.
- Place each piece between non-stick baking paper and flatten with a mallet or heavy rolling pin until very thin.
- Dust evenly with seasoned flour, shaking away excess. Dip into egg and then coat with breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Lay coated chicken on a non-stick baking paper lined tray and chill for at least 20 minutes to set the crumb.
- Meanwhile, make Grape Tomato Slaw.
- Whisk mustard and juice together until smooth. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add tomatoes, cabbage and tarragon and toss until evenly coated in the dressing. Set aside.
- Place half the oil and half the butter together in a large, heavy-based frying pan on medium heat. Once butter is foaming, cook half the chicken schnitzels for 3 minutes each side until cooked through and golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe pan clean with kitchen paper towel. Cook remaining chicken in remaining oil and butter.
- Serve schnitzels topped with slaw.