Meatballs in Tomato and Minicaps® Baby Capsicum Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 grams veal mince
- 230 grams pork mince
- 50 grams dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 yellow sweet chilli, seeds and membrane removed, sliced
- 400 grams can tomatoes diced
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- Combine the veal and pork mince with the garlic, breadcrumbs, spices and egg. Roll tbsps of the mixture into about 24 balls. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry half the balls until lightly golden all over. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining oil and meatballs. Set meatballs aside, leaving any oil in the pan.
- To make the sauce, put the pan over low-medium heat (adding extra oil if necessary) and fry the onion, garlic, capsicum and yellow sweet chilli for about 5 minutes, until softened and golden.
- Add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the pan, submerging them in the sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve accompanied by rice or mashed potato.