Mushroom, Chicken Noodle Soup
- 400 grams Button Mushrooms, halved
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breast ﬁllets, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, ﬁnely chopped
- 1 green chilli, ﬁnely chopped
- 1 tbsp ﬁnely grated fresh ginger
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 375 grams rice stick noodles, pkt
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp ﬁsh sauce
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Coriander leaves, lime and chopped chilli, to serve
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp oil and the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and set aside to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until they start to colour. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the noodles in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 5 minutes until soft, then drain and keep warm. Shred the chicken and add to the stock with combined lime juice, ﬁsh sauce and sugar, simmer for 2-3 minutes until chicken is warmed through.
- Add the spinach to the soup then remove from the heat. Pile the noodles into bowls, ladle over the soup. Top with coriander and serve with lime wedges and extra chilli, if desired.