FREE-FORM SWEET SOLANATO® TOMATO THREE CHEESE TART
- 500g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 4 Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, rind finely grated
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 375g fresh ricotta
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 100g haloumi, grated
- micro herbs, to serve
chilli sesame pastry
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 100g butter, chilled, cubed
- 2 tbs chilled water
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- To make the pastry; place the flour, sesame and chilli flakes in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water and process until the pastry comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Wrap in grease-proof paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place a large baking tray into the oven. Preheat oven and tray to 200°C.
- Roll the pastry out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to form a 30cm circle, turning the edge up, pleating slightly. Lift the pastry, still on the paper onto the hot baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden. Set aside to cool. Increase oven to 230°C fan forced.
- Scatter 300g of tomatoes in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and season. Roast for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Slice the remaining 200g of tomatoes in half. Whisk lemon rind, juice, sugar, mustard, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Add the halved tomatoes and stir gently to coat.
- Combine the ricotta, feta and haloumi, season with pepper and mix well. Spread over the pastry. Top with Qukes®. Combine the roasted tomatoes and marinated tomatoes then spoon over the tart. Scatter with herbs. Cut into pieces and serve.