MEXICAN CHICKEN & QUKES® SANDWICHES
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 1 large roast chicken
- 1 tbs taco seasoning
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 12 slices sandwich bread, (we used half grain and half wholemeal)
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 2 tbs softened butter
- Shred the chicken, you will need 2 cups (200g). Combine chicken, seasoning and 2/3 cup of the mayonnaise. Season and mix well.
- Thinly slice each Quke®, lengthways into four even slices. Place four slices of bread on a clean board. Spread evenly with avocado. Top each slice with half the Qukes®. Top with another four slices of bread. Spread evenly with chicken mixture.
- Spread the remaining bread slices with butter. Place on top of the chicken mixture, buttered-side down. Spread tops with remaining mayonnaise (1 tablespoon on each). Arrange the remaining Qukes® over the top of each sandwich. Using a serrated knife, remove the crusts. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.