SWEET SOLANATO® & QUKES® SCONE WREATH
- 6 Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 3 x 200g Sweet Solanato® Tomatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200g guacamole dip
- 40g baby rocket leaves
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 200g tzatziki dip
- 180g marinated chargrilled artichoke, drained
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- 8 sprigs mint
- 200g hummus dip
- 250g marinated eggplant, drained and chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 250g labne, drained
- 3 tsp sriracha or chipotle sauce
- 8 thin slices smoked salmon
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Sprinkle flour over a large flat oven tray.
- Combine flour, parmesan and cayenne in a large bowl. Create a well in the centre, add cream and 325ml of milk. Use a flat knife to stir to a soft dough. Add milk if necessary. Place mixture onto a lightly floured bench and knead until dough comes together. Press dough out until it is 2cms thick. Use a 5½ cm round scone cutter to cut scones from the dough. Repeat to make 18 scones. Place scones, almost touching each other, onto a tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and well risen. Set aside to cool.
- Place 200g of Sweet Solanato® tomatoes into a small roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and roast for 5 minutes until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Draw a 42cm circle onto a large board or serving platter. Arrange 18 scones into a wreath shape using the circle as a guide. Cut the scones in half, placing 13 scone tops, cut side up in a circle on the inside of the larger scone wreath.
- Top 8 scones with a dollop of guacamole, a few rocket leaves, a slice of prosciutto and 2 roasted Sweet Solanato® Season.
- Top 8 scones with a dollop of tzatziki, a piece of artichoke and halved Sweet Solanato® tomatoes. Season, sprinkle with parmesan and finish with spring mint.
- Top 8 scones with a dollop of hummus. Combine eggplant and chilli and spoon over humus. Top with sliced Sweet Solanato® tomatoes and Qukes® baby cucumbers.
- Combine labne and sriracha and spoon over remaining scones. Top with smoked salmon, sliced Qukes® baby cucumbers and sliced Sweet Solanato® tomatoes. Season.