Brulee Calypso® Mango with Passionfruit Cream
- 4 Calypso® Mangoes
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 300 mL thickened cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 passionfruit, pulp removed
- To make passion fruit cream, whip the cream, sour cream and vanilla together until thick. Fold through the passionfruit. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut the cheeks from the mangoes. Score the mango cheeks. Spoon the sugar onto a plate.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Dip 2-3 mango cheeks (see tip), cut-side down, into sugar. Place a sheet of baking paper into the hot pan, then add mangoes, cut-side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until sugar has caramelised. Using tongs, lift mango cheeks onto a tray, cut side up. Discard the paper. Repeat with remaining mangoes and sugar.
- Serve mangoes with passion fruit cream.
Tip- Best to cook in batches so the pan stays hot and mango doesn’t stew.You can also cook mangoes on a flat plate of a barbecue if you prefer. They are delicious served with coconut ice-cream.