Calypso® Mango Vegan Choc Coco Bars
|20 + 60 FREEZINGMINS
- 1.5 Calypso® Mangoes
- 1.5 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 225g vegan chocolate, any good quality dairy-free chocolate will work
- In a bowl, mix the coconut and rice malt syrup until well combined and super sticky (feel free to use your hands).
- Slice the Calypso® Mangoes, scoop out all the flesh and pop the flesh in a blender. Blend until pureed.
- In a lined pan, pour in the coconut mixture in and push down with your fingers until you have a smooth and even layer. Pour the mango mixture over the top, and pop it into the freezer.
- Freeze until almost frozen, take out and cut into bars. Place back into the freezer and leave until completely frozen (you need the mango mixture to be nice and hard).
- Once it's ready, boil some water in a small saucepan. Place a small bowl over the saucepan (but not touching the water), break the chocolate into pieces and add to the bowl, and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Using either a fork, chopsticks, or your fingers, dip and coat each mango coconut bar into the melted chocolate. Place on a baking tray and pop it into the fridge until the chocolate has set. Enjoy!
Recipe created by @madeleinelumley for Perfection Fresh