Dukkah crusted Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 1 x 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 150g spreadable cream cheese
- 3 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Micro herbs
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup roasted salted macadamia nuts
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- For the macadamia dukkah; Scatter sesame seeds in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, shaking pan often, for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add coriander, cumin and pepper. Cook, shaking the pan a further 2 minutes, remove to a bowl. Finely chop the macadamia nuts and add to the sesame seeds with the salt. Stir to combine then set aside to cool.
- Cut each Quke® in half lengthways
- Mix the cream cheese and chilli sauce together then thickly spread over the cut side of each Quke®. Spread 2 tablespoons of the dukkah onto a plate. Dip the Qukes® into the dukkah. Scatter with micro herbs and serve.
Tip- Keep un-used dukkah in a clean jar in the fridge. It will keep for 3 months. Delicious sprinkled over salads, poached or fried eggs or used as a crumb for schnitzel.