LITTLE GREEK QUKES® & LAMB KOFTA
- 250g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs pine nuts, chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs currants
- 1/4 cup flat parsley leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup thick yoghurt
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 torpedo rolls, halved through the centre
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Increase heat to medium-high, add pine nuts and cook for 2 minutes until light golden. Transfer to a bowl, set aside to cool. Wipe frying pan clean.
- Add mince, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, currants and parsley to the onion mixture. Season and mix until well combined. Roll tablespoons of mixture into a kofta shape. Place onto a plate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes if time permits.
- Heat the remaining oil in the large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the kofta and cook, turning often, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining kofta. Combine the yoghurt, tahini and half the sesame seeds.
- Spread both sides of each roll with the yoghurt mixture. Cut Qukes®, each into thirds lengthways. Fill the rolls with Qukes® and kofta. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and extra parsley if desired. Season and serve.
Tip- Try roughly chopping 250g Qukes® and combining with kofta and halved Sweet Solanato™ tomatoes. Spoon into lettuce cups and top with tahini yoghurt and sesame seeds.