QUKES® SOUVLAKI BOWL
30 mins standing
|25 mins MINS
- 375g Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 4 Kumato® Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup burghul
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- 600g lamb mince
- 1 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 250g haloumi, sliced into 8
- 1 cup tzatziki
- 1 cup (50g) pitted kalamata olives
- Pomegranate molasses & pita crisps, to serve
- Place burghul in a bowl and add enough cold water to cover. Set aside for 30 minutes until softened. Drain in a sieve over a bowl, pressing down with the back of a spoon to drain excess moisture. Discard liquid. Dice 3 Qukes® and stir into the burghul with the parsley and mint. Cut the remaining Qukes® in half lengthways and turn cut side down onto the board. Use a wide blade knife to smash the Qukes® in rough pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook stirring often for 5 minutes until soft. Add paprika and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Increase the heat to high, add mince and cook, stirring to break up the mince for 8 minutes until browned. Add the pomegranate molasses and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pine nuts and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the haloumi, in batches for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- Spoon tzatziki over the base of 4 serving bowls. Add Qukes®, olives, Kumato®, haloumi, salad and mince. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses. Season and serve with pita crisps.