Braised Bundles of Tuscan Kale (Cavolo Nero) and Haloumi
- 1 Tuscan kale (cavolo nero), bunch
- 2 thick carrots, peeled
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 4 slices haloumi
- 1/4 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- Slice carrots into 8 x 1.5cm thick rounds. Using the sharp point of a knife, cut out the centre of the rounds.
- Cut kale leaves into 15cm lengths and thread through the centres of the carrot rings.
- Place in a baking dish and drizzle with chicken stock. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil from tray and top bundles with haloumi slices. Place under the grill till haloumi melts.
- Divide between plates, spoon over braising juices and garnish with freshly cracked black pepper.