Broccolini® with Chocolate, Chilli & Sesame sauce
- 2 bunches Broccolini®
- to serve Mini flour tortillas, pan fried
- 2 long dried red chillies, stem removed
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh long red chillies, finely chopped
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 50 grams premium dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil,
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp honey,
- To make the chocolate, chilli, sesame sauce; Place the dried chillies in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water. Set aside for 30 minutes to soak. Place the chillies and water in a food processor or blender with the tomatoes and sesame seeds. Process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and fresh chilli. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the spices and oregano, cook, stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the chilli sesame mixture, reduce heat to low, cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, and stir until chocolate melts. Season with salt.
- Steam, blanch or microwave the Broccolini® until bright green and tender. Arrange on serving plate, spoon over the sauce. Serve with pan fried tortillas.