Mushroom fettuccine with garlic
- 400 grams Button Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 grams dried fettuccine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 75 grams parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup continental parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the fettuccine in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Drain fettuccine and return to saucepan. Whisk eggs in a small bowl with a fork. Add eggs, mushroom mixture, parmesan, parsley and salt and pepper to fettuccine and toss until well combined.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and toss for 1 minute or until egg mixture has just set. Serve immediately.