- 500 grams Button Mushrooms, trimmed
- 250 grams dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/3 cup laksa paste
- 4 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 3 tsp grated palm sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Place noodles into a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 3 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 1 tbsp oil and swirl to coat wok. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 3 minutes until light golden. Transfer to a plate. Add remaining oil and laksa paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant and oil separates from paste.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return the mushrooms to the wok. Add palm sugar and coconut milk, cook stirring until hot (do not boil).
- Divide noodles between serving bowls. Ladle over soup. Top with bean sprouts, mint and coriander and serve.