PAPPARDELLE WITH CHARGRILLED BROCCOLINI® & PARSLEY PESTO
- 1 bunch Broccolini®, washed
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 400g pappardelle
- Put the parsley, garlic, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of pine nuts into a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, add 1/4 cup of olive oil, parmesan and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season and set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Brush the Broccolini® with remaining olive oil and season well. Chargrill, turning for 6-8 minutes or until tender and just charred. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the saucepan with most of the pesto. Add enough reserved liquid to adjust the consistency, toss over low heat to combine.
- Divide pasta between serving plates, top with Broccolini®, scatter over remaining pine nuts and extra parmesan. Serve with remaining pesto.