POM Wonderful Chocolate Covered Arils
- 2 cups Pomegranates, arils from 2-3 large
- 225 grams bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Score 2-3 fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 2 cups of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Over medium-low heat, melt chocolate in a saucepan set over a pan of simmering water. When chocolate is sufficiently melted, transfer to a work bowl. Keep the bowl in a pan of warm water for convenience.
- Allow chocolate to cool to the touch (but should still be runny).
- Add the arils and stir to combine.
- Use a fork to scoop out clusters of chocolate and arils; drop clusters onto the prepared baking sheet. (Work quickly as chocolate will harden.)
- Place baking sheet with clusters in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until confections harden.