Thai Chicken Salad with cucumbers
- 1 Telegraph Cucumbers, cut diagonally
- 4 celery stalks, cut diagonally
- 4 spring onions, cut diagonally
- 2 chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 2cm strips
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 large chilli1, cut into strips
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 20 grams palm sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 sesame oil, tsp
- Poach the chicken strips in the soy and chicken stock until cooked, remove to cool and then slice into bite size pieces.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, except the palm sugar.
- Heat the dressing ingredients sufficiently to melt the palm sugar, then cool.
- Gently toss the chicken pieces with the vegetables and herbs.
- Add the dressing and mix well.