SWEET SOLANATO™ TOMATO TOPPED PARMESAN SCONES
- 2 x 200g Sweet Solanato™ Tomatoes
- 6 Qukes® baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs sea salt flakes
- 2 tbs thyme leaves
- 400g goat's cheese
- 250g prosciutto
- 4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 4 cups parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 300ml pouring cream,
- 350ml milk,
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways, cover and set aside. Combine the salt and thyme in a mortar and crush with a pestle (see tip). Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- For the scones; Preheat oven to 230°C fan forced. Grease a large flat oven tray. Combine the flour and parmesan in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the cream and 325ml of the milk. Use a flat bladed knife to stir to a soft dough, adding remaining milk if necessary. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until the dough comes together.
- Press dough out to 2cm thickness. Use a 5cm round scone cutter to cut as many scones from the dough as possible. Repeat to get 18 scones. Place onto a tray, almost touching each other. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and well risen. Set aside to cool.
- Split the scones in half and arrange on a large board or platter. Spread each with a thick layer of goat's cheese. Top with prosciutto, Qukes® and 2 tomato halves. Sprinkle with a little thyme salt, season with pepper and secure tomatoes with a skewer. Serve.