Perfection Fresh has been growing Broccolini® in Australia since 1999. It is a mix between broccoli and Chinese kale. It's mild, peppery, sweet and tender. And not only is it completely delicious, its also entirely edible - nothing to cut, nothing to waste.
Broccolini® works well with almost any cuisine and cooking method. It can be stir-fried, barbequed, sautéed, boiled, microwaved and steamed.
Find out 6 must know facts about Broccolini® here.
Broccolini® is NOT baby broccoli. Learn how to spot real Broccolini® from baby broccoli disguised here.
HOW TO STORE BROCCOLINI®
Broccolini® is the perfect vegetable to keep on stand by in the fridge to whip up a quick dinner. Learn how to store your Broccolini® to ensure it remains fresh.
• Broccolini® is chilled from the farm until it reaches the store.
• Broccolini® will keep for around 7 days.
Follow the below tips:
• Keep it cool - Get Broccolini® into the fridge after purchase. • Remove the biodegradable bands and tag. Store loosely in a reusable plastic bag. Don't seal completely- Broccolini® needs to breathe. •Don't rinse until just before using.
HOW TO FREEZE BROCCOLINI®
Take advantage of Broccolini® peak seasons and promotions. Learn the quick and easy steps to freeze your Broccolini®:
1. Drop Broccolini into a pan of salted boiling water.
2. Refresh in a bowl of iced water until cold.
3. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Seal in a reusable zip lock bag and freeze.
HOW TO COOK BROCCOLINI®
Broccolini® is your favourite versatile vegetable that can be stir-fried, steamed, boiled, sautéed, microwaved, barbequed and baked.
Steps to stir-fry Broccolini®:
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add Broccolini® and toss.
2. Add honey, soy, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
3. Plate and serve.
Steps to steam Broccolini®:
1. Add Broccolini® to a bamboo steamer.
2. Boil water in a wok and place bamboo steamer over wok.
3. Cook unitl bright green and tender and serve.
Steps to boil Broccolini®:
1. Boil salted water in a pot over the stove.
2. Add Broccolini® for a couple of minutes, remove and place into a bowl of ice water.
Steps to microwave Broccolini®:
1. Place Broccolini® onto a plate and cover with damp paper towel.
2. Microwave for a couple of minutes and serve.
Steps to sauté Broccolini®:
1. Add Broccolini® to a wok with garlic, spices, oil.
2. Sauté for a few minutes until cooked and serve.
Steps to bake Broccolini®:
1. Place Broccolini® into an over proof pan.
2. Add oil and preferred spices.
3. Bake until golden & tender and serve.
Steps to barbeque Broccolini®:
1. Add oil and preferred seasoning to Broccolini®. 2. Add to grill and rotate after a couple minutes on each side. 3. Serve.
WHAT FLAVOURS TO PAIR WITH BROCCOLINI®
From a range of proteins to spices and other vegetables, Broccolini® is the perfect versatile veg with a flavour profile that is perfect with almost anything!
Broccolini® is great with:
• Qukes® baby cucumbers, Mix-a-mato® tomatoes and Minicaps® • Cheese • Chili, garlic, ginger • Various spices • Curries • Nuts • Olives • Egg • Rice and Pasta • Olive oil • Asian Sauces
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG TO GET UPDATES IN YOUR EMAIL